Saturday, June 25, 2011

Silver at World Cup 1


The weekend didn't start exactly to plan for me with my heats and semis leaving a lot of room for improvement! My first heats run was solid however included a 50 and my semi final run included everything from looping the boat to rolling on rocks. Luckily it was enough to get me through to the final where I was determined to lay down at least one good run for the weekend. It was a very enjoyable clean and fast run... losing the majority of time in a spin move that should have been done direct. It was enough for silver only 0.31 sconds behind Roslyn Lawrence of Australia and a nice margin of 11 seconds ahead of third place Katarina Macova of Slovakia. Today Kate, Ros, Kynan and Robbie race in the finals before we head off to the Australian Institute of Sport Italian training base this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment